Wednesday, July 8, 2009

#2 Messina Sicily

MESSINA SICILY
Busy little port town..


After exploring for a while around town, we decided to be adventurous
and take the train to some old ruins.
Who knew the old ruins wouldn't be anywhere near the train station,
we would end up hiking 2km on a 2 ln cliff highway,
get lost, and end up at an amazing beach.
such an adventure!





P.S. I loved Messina, not cuz it was anything special, it wasn't really.
but becase it's where all my relatives are from, distant relatives.
It's where Grandma Bell was born, and immigrated to the U.S when she was 6.
It's where my wedding ring came from,
my great great grandmother Vincenza Castignolo.
We don't know any of our relatives that live here still, but it was so so cool to walk around and see the sights, and made me miss Grandma so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment