Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Baby Story

A Baby Story

Baby Link is a little over 2 weeks old, and life is finally becoming normal again.
We are falling into a good routine.
Throw up
I am finally enjoying some free time, 
and can't wait to get started on all the projects I have stacking up.

I wanted to share my baby story,
for those who were interested,
for family,
and for baby.

So baby was due nov 15th,
but I was determined to have him on 11-11-11 = coolest birthday ever.
I started doing research on inducing pregnancy.
The only thing that seemed to work was acupuncture/acupressure.
I found this great little e-book on pregnancy inducing massage.
It said that the process usually takes 2-3 days to induce labor.
We started on the 8th, just to make sure. 
I went into Labor on the 9th.
I think it worked a little too well...
My contractions started that morning, but were very light and sporadic.
Around noon they were 10-15 min apart.
When Matt came home from work, they were about 8-9 min apart, and I was feeling pretty uncomfortable.
The hospital did not want us to come in until my contractions were 3-5 min apart for at least 2 hours.
By 2 am, They were becoming unbearable.
Still only 5-7 min apart.
I was in tons of pain, and throwing up at each contraction.
Matt called the hospital. They didn't really want us to come in yet,
but Matt insisted.
Good thing.
I was 7 centimeters dilated.
(you have a baby at 10)
Got some pain meds.
Got an epidural.
Felt great.
Went to sleep.
Best sleep in weeks.
My parents live in Tahoe (4 hrs away),
and Matt called my mom on our way to the hospital so she could drive down.
I'm so so glad my mom was there.
She was sooo much help,
and took all the pictures.
By 11:00 I was dilated to a 10.
They turned down the epidural so I could feel the contractions, and be able to push effectively.
It hurt real real bad.
Pushing lasted 3 hours
lots and lots of pain.
big big props to natural birthing mothers.

Because baby came so slowly,
I didn't tear at all
no stitching
great recovery.
I was up and walking around a few hours after,
and running errands in  few days.

Baby came at 2:45
7.26lbs 19.25in

Having a baby is so surreal.
It is amazing the things our bodies do,
and the way they make you forget pain.

Seeing our baby for the first time was sooo amazing.
He was so small, and perfect.
I couldn't believe he came out of my body.
The whole experience was wonderful.
Our Dr, and nurses were great,
the hospital was great.
Everyone was soo helpful.
I didn't change one diaper while I was there. lol

Taking him home has been wonderful as well.
He fits right into our little family like he has always been there.
Gwen is doing good too.
She is real interested in the baby, and just wants to look at him all the time.
No doggy jealousy yet.
Just one little happy family.


  1. so maybe i sort of cried looking at these photos!!!!

  2. He is so cute!! :) Glad you're getting in a nice routine and that you're healing up well.

    My best friends and I plotted in 2000 that we'd all have babies on 11/11/11 and if it didn't work out on that day, at least we'd all have kids close together so they can play when we get together. Sadly, it didn't work for any of us (and there were 8 of us).

  3. wow...so happy for you and your family! Those first few weeks are tough, but so so sweet. Hope you enjoy every minute of this newborn stage. :)
    xo, Dawn


  4. It's still a miracle ..., good luck to your little family.
    Greetings, Truus

  5. Congratulations! Almost got to 11-11-11, just one day short :)

  6. he is absolutely beautiful. congratulations.

  7. Thanks for sharing your story! Sounds like you were a rock star!! He is such a cutie! Congratulations Gillrie family!!

  8. OH MY!!!!!!!! Big congrats for the new entry ^_^
    ^_^ Fede

  9. So glad that you and baby are doing well. I'm impressed that life is getting back to normal after 2 weeks. It took me 9 months. ha!!

  10. Can I ask what e-book you read? I'm due December 31 and determined to have the baby this year. Thanks!