Friday, November 12, 2010

Sheer Flower Skirt

Sheer Flower Skirt

Inspiration =
This sheer floral dress.
I love love it.

Photobucket

My sheer floral skirt...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Red silk flower fabric
+
Navy sheer

It started off as a dress with a solid navy top.
It just didn't work.
But as a skirt, it works real well.
It turned out perfect.
and... I'm over the "I can't believe I cut all my hair off" shock.
I really really love it.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as usual Julie! I bought a dollar pattern yesterday with an optional overlay for the skirt (for my daughter) and wrote it off b/c it didn't look as cute from the sketch. Your fantastic skirt has definitely changed my mind. I love the red floral with navy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GENIUS i loooooove it very much!!

    great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very very very very very cool.
    and you're hair! it surprised me again! beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmmm . . . okay, how am I just barely discovering your blog? You are awesome. And I love your haircut. And I love this skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I want to make one! Did you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  6. julie can i say that this is my favorite skirt that you have shown on your blog. that is saying a lot because i love everything you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair looks gorgeous! Great skirt, too!

    Melanie@UnravelledThreads
    Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well that's just kinda really adorable, isn't it? i love the bold print.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Favorite thing you have ever made...I want one!

    ReplyDelete